The association was born under the impulse of the film Je suis noires/Becoming A Black Woman. Its first action is the launch of the film’s impact campaign: The “Je Suis Noires Movement” – #Jesuisnoires.
Through culture, NWAR provides visibility to people of color (POC) through the organization of events, the production of new visual narratives, and the collaboration with artists and cultural institutions.
Through education, NWAR promotes the richness of diversity and works for greater equity. The association intervenes in the academic sector. In this context, we have already organized discussions / workshops on racial discrimination or on microaggressions.
For NWAR, structures, mindsets and behaviors can change through awareness / advocacy. In schools, institutions / companies, and IOs / NGOs, we conduct workshops on topics such as representation, discrimination, diversity and equal opportunities.
- Cultural events
- Collaboration with artists
- Collaboration with cultural institutions
- Interventions in public and private schools
- Training of trainers
- Political lobbying
- Interventions in the academic sector, institutions / companies and IOs / NGOs
- Collaboration with political and cultural institutions