We Believe that Engagement Can Take Many Forms
It is about questioning the preconceptions, biases and behaviors that we all have, consciously or unconsciously. It is also about deconstructing the representations we have of others to find what unites us and makes us all human.
Start the Conversation
To get involved, you can start by having the conversation about discrimination with your family and social circle.
Join an Association Fighting Discrimination or Join an Organization
You can also support an association or organization that fights against discrimination. Otherwise, you have the choice to join a network, a platform, a collective, an association or an organization that promotes the interests of people of color (POC) in Switzerland. We suggest some below, but this list is not exhaustive.
- Participate in Afrodyssée
- Join Afrolitt
- Join Afroswissters
- Join Afro Swiss Families
- Join Amnesty International
- Join the Association of Afro-descendant students (AEA UNIL)
- Join the Association Café Révolution
- Join the Association Equinoxe
- Join Association for Teacher Training in Decolonial and Anti-Racist Education
- Join the Association of Intercultural Mediators (AMIC)
- Join the Swiss Melanin Association
- Participate in the Black Film Festival
- Join the Afro-Swiss Collective
- Join the Afrofeminist Collective Amani
- Join the BIPOC WOC Collective
- Join the Bla*sh Collective
- Join the Afrofeminist Collective CABBAK
- Join the Faites des vagues Collective
- Join the national platform of the African Diaspora Council of Switzerland (ADCS)
- Join Cooperaxion
- Join Decolonize Zurich
- Join Exit Racism Now !
- Participate in the Black Helvetia Festival
- Consult Histnoire.ch
- Join humanrights.ch (Platform of Swiss human rights NGOs that drafts civil society reports for UN monitoring bodies and advocates tirelessly for strong human rights institutions)
- Join the International League against Racism and Anti-Semitism (LICRA)
- Join Noircir Wikipedia
- Join Rezalliance
- Join ZAGAZA
- Join 30 Nuances de noires
- Join our association, Now We Are Rising (NWAR) by becoming a member
Getting Involved at School / in Companies / in Institutions
To address the theme of discrimination at school or in companies / institutions, you can organize a screening of the film Je suis noires/Becoming A Black Woman.